Tuesday, February 19, 2008

QVC Tops My List

OK, it's official. The retail equivalent of my Prince Charming is QVC.

I've been a QVC shopper for about a year. I mostly buy jewelry and beauty products (no Quaker Factory here - that stuff scares me). Anyway, since day one I've been totally amazed by their outstanding customer service. From the ease of phone and online ordering, to their no-questions-asked return policy, they have yet to let me down. But today's experience was above and beyond.

Over the weekend I ordered two products from the philosophy line (If you are a fan, check it out. They have amazing values offered no where else). I ordered the Amazing Grace 3-in-1 shower gel and the Amazing Grace hair conditioner. I received the order today. The box contained two separate boxes and the box that contained the conditioner was filled with Styrofoam peanuts. Yet, even with all that packaging the cap to the conditioner was broken off! I was a little bummed. Normally I wouldn't really care, but this is a product I plan on travelling with and without the cap it will spill everywhere. And besides, I'm on a mission. Gotta fill the blog!

So I called QVC Customer Service not really sure what to expect. I thought they might refund the shipping costs ($8.33) or give me a little credit toward a future purchase. In less then a minute I have a live person on the phone and I explain the situation. She gave me two options: #1. Refund the total cost of the conditioner ($23.61) or #2. send me a brand new bottle. I opted for #2, the replacement. Easy enough, right?! Then asked if I had to ship back the broken bottle...and she said "no." What?? No?? I get to keep the perfectly good conditioner in the broken bottle AND receive a new bottle in a few days? For free? No charges? Nope. No questions asked. Wow!

Thanks QVC (and philosophy)!

No comments: